Homemade Pop Tarts
Preheat the oven to 425. Cover a baking dish with parchment paper. Bake 10-12 minutes
- Refrigerated Pie Crust
- Strawberry, Blueberry, or Grape Jam
- 1 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Lay the crust flat.
- Cut into a rectangle.
- Cut into 4 squares
- Remember it takes 2 pieces for one pop tart.
- Brush a cut pastry with a wash of beaten egg and ¼ teaspoon of water.
- Take the bottom pastry and place 1 tablespoon of jam in the middle. Do not spread out the jam.
- Place another cut pastry on top.
- Crimp the outer edges of the crust with a fork. This will seal the pop tart and also create that classic pop tart crust.
- Brush the entire top of the crust with egg wash and prick a few holes in the top of the crust, to allow steam out of the tart while baking.
- In a large bowl whisk together the powdered sugar with milk until a shiny smooth glaze is formed.
- Once the pop tart has cooled, spread the glaze out then cover with sprinkles.
- Allow to set for about 30 minutes or until the glaze has hardened slightly.